Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nest Cake

This weekend was my honey's birthday. I made him this cute little (okay kinda big) cake! It was super easy to make and SUPER yummy to eat. I started out with 2 chocolate bundt cakes. As soon as they were cooled I flipped one over on its top (so upside down), frosted the top (for the filling)of it with homemade whipped cream and toasted coconut and then I put the other bundt cake on top...right side up. Then I frosted ( I cheated and used store bought that I whipped in my mixer and added a little extra milk and powdered sugar to make it fluffy and creamy) the entire cake, filling in the 'gap' on the sides with extra frosting (it took 2 tubs). I filled in the hole with frosting also. I had previously toasted some coconut and that is what the inside of the nest is made of. I lined the nest with pretzels and then I set my Peeps on top. I nudged some of the coconut aside so they would sit down in the nest. I picked out the blue robins eggs out of a bag and laid them around. I lined the bottom with more birdy Peeps, jelly beans, and Easter candy corn (wh-At??). It was low calorie for sure ;)


We loved how it turned out!

I am sure my handsome man loved it. Good thing he had gone on a 3 1/2 hour bike ride that morning and had some extra calories to enjoy!


 LINKING TO:
http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/

http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/2012/04/craft-catwalk-no71.html

http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2012/04/cure-for-common-monday-34.html


wednesday's wowzers

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love anything with blue eggs and a nest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is absolutely incredible! Love that you used pretzels for the nest! Very sweet. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete