Saturday, March 24, 2012

Easy Pasta Dinner

Easy Chicken, Veggies, & Pasta

I have been on a homemade pasta sauce kick lately. My kids really like pasta and I got tired of relying on store bought jars of pasta sauce. So I started trying different recipes, and then I started making my own! Here is my latest favorite and the fams too! It is very simple, you will need:
4 Cups of Milk
¼ C Flour
3 T Butter (I have substituted olive oil too and it was just fine!)
½ Cup of diced onion (yay for frozen)
2 Cloves garlic-minced
1 packet dry ranch dressing
2 Cups Veggies (we love celery & green beans in ours)
1 package pasta (egg noodles or rigatoni are our fav)
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken ( I dare you to try canned..you will be surprised at how good it is in this recipe)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Start your pasta.
Next sauté your onion, garlic, and celery. Once they are nice and tender, you add the flour and mix until all veggies are nicely coated. Next add the entire amount of milk at once. Quickly whisk to rid the sauce of any clumps. Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly for at least 2 minutes, or until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper, chicken, and ranch dressing…mix until combined. Drain your pasta once it is cooked and mix the pasta and sauce in a large bowl until well coated. You can change the quantities to work for the amount of finished dinner your family can consume. We have 4 kids at our house and they all have a generous helping. Serve with a salad and you have a super easy and quick dinner! Sorry there is no picture, you know we ate it all too quickly =)

No comments:

Post a Comment