Saturday, January 28, 2012

Creamy chicken pot pie


I LOVE chicken pot pie. Especially homemade. Tonight I made a yummy one that I hadn't made in a long time. The great thing about making a pot pie is the flexibility with the ingredients. Put in what your family likes, and leave out the things they don't...simple. I am lucky that my kids love most veggies...something they must have inherited from their dad! Anyway, here is a simple yummy pot pie recipe. I cook my chicken in the crock pot before hand to make it easy and cut down on prep. Forgive me for the words like "about" and "dash" because I am a big time "eyeballer" when I cook...sometimes that bites me back ;) Okay, here goes..
You will need: About 3 regular sized chicken breasts, 2 ready made pie crusts, 1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery, 1 package dry ranch dressing,a half of a diced green pepper, a small diced onion, about 2 cups various frozen veggies, and a block of neufchatel cheese. I cook the chicken in a crock pot on high for a couple of hours (until done) with a can of cream of chicken (or celery) and the pepper and onion. Once that is cooked dump the chicken mixture into a skillet and add your veggies, ranch, and cream cheese. Stir together on medium heat until the cream cheese melts. Break up your chicken with a fork in the skillet while you are stirring. It is easy to do this since it should be nice and tender! Add a hefty dash salt and pepper. Prepare your pie pan with the bottom crust trimmed around the edges and ready to go. Dump the mixture into the pie dish with the pie crust. Cover with the other pie crust and flute the edges. I use little cookie cutters to make a design on top instead of making holes with a fork. Tonight I made a face with heart eyes & nose..anyway cook at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Keep on eye on your edges so they don't burn. YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete