Friday, August 12, 2011

Sew Fun

I finally got up the nerve to sew a REAL project. I don't think pillows count because I am pretty sure my 7 year old could do that! None the less sewing all my throw pillows helped me to get more familiar with my machine (I have had it for 7 years), and build my confidence. So then I moved on to this fun little pinafore dress for Lala. I found the idea on pinterest originally,http://pinterest.com/pin/56695564/and took the plunge. It was a great beginner project. I then decided to make these matching shoes for her too http://pinterest.com/pin/46095873/. They were pretty easy, but she HATES wearing socks or shoes, so they may never get used. Well when I was done Em was feeling a bit left out, so I HAD to make a skirt for her too. I just took some basic measurements and went for it, it turned out great. The back isn't shorter, it is just sitting on her hips like that and I didn't notice..I think I am going to add a few more embellishments of stripes to Ems skirt, but for now..this is it. Em didn't want her picture taken, but mwahaha,  I MADE her!Well I am off to get some school shopping done. Peace love & Rock n Roll!!


inside stripes



Grrrrrrr



http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday

6 comments:

  1. thanks Alison, I really had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing thsi on pinterest and its on the list!! Love how yours turned out!! Great work :)

    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!!
    We would love for you to join us this Tuesday for our 2nd link [arty, Crafty Lassie Tuesday.
    We are also having a give a way!
    Hope to see you there.
    Heather & Rose
    www.SewStylisBoutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both outfits and girls are too cute. I am just learning to sew and so this project would be perfect for me to try. Stop by and share at Lines Across My Face's cratfy link party.
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/08/cure-for-common-monday-5.html
    I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a bunch everyone, i appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete