Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sewing without a pattern!

Lala's Dress
 I can't believe we are in the sunset of summer! School starts soon, and then right around the corner it will be Fall. This year has gone by so fast and I honestly barely remember the first 6 months of 2011. Trauma will do that! Anywho, thinking of Fall and feeding my craft problem, I decided to make some Fall get ups for my girlies. Em has decided she loves me sewing and always wants to pick out material. The thing is I don't really want to make her fleecy Dora dresses =) Well here is this weeks project. I really love Em's skirt. The fit on her is so darn cute! I traced an existing dress of Lala's and made a pattern out of it, and for Ems skirt I just took measurements. Don't mind the threads, I was excited and want to get my pictures done!! =) This is only the second "real" sewing project I have done, and I am loving every minute of it! My brain swims with new ideas. It is therapeutic and fulfilling to sew a project and complete it...the catch word is COMPLETE it for me. I am getting braver with my ideas, and love coming across something inspiring. I found a darling little dress I may try this week for Em. I will have to post all of the fun matching hair accessories I have been making too. Well I hope everyone has a great first week of school!

Em's skirt

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

2 comments:

  1. I really love your mix of pattern and colour- it works beautifully. Congratulations!]Lynda

    ReplyDelete