Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Water Pinata

Last night we had family night, and it was sooo fun (& easy). I love to do fun things with my kids, but I hate having to go to the store with a long list of supplies to make this happen. So when I came across this idea on Family Fun, I knew it would be perfect. I don't know if I did it exactly like them because I have a bad habit of skim reading about things I like, and then taking the plunge. Sometimes this comes back to bite me, but this time it worked out fine. I didn't tell the kids what we were doing, just that they needed to get their suits on. I enlisted my sweetie to find me a rope, and get it set up. He is helpful like that. All you do is: get a garbage sack (doesn't have to be heavy duty), and a rope. Find a sturdy tree branch and set it up just the way you would a normal pinata (making sure you can lift it up and down with a rope). Then fill up the garbage bag about 1/3 of the way with water. Make sure to tie the rope and the bag together well so it holds. We gave the kids light savers (not as hard as a bat, & fun of course) and then we blind folded them and sent them on their way. It was so cute to see how much fun they had with it. I was hoping it would burst, but it sprung a big leak instead. The kids then proceeded to all hit it and try to make it come out faster. We followed up our water pinata with this yummmmy treat. If you like salty sweet, you will LOVE this-(click on the pinterest link)
http://pinterest.com/pin/50309888/ I would let it set up over night in the fridge if you can resist ;)

That's all for now.. the kids are blaring Chipmunk music & there is lots of giggling, this can only mean one thing...I have a mess to clean up =)
Free for all once it was broken





Classified: Mom

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea! New follower from For the Kids Friday. Would love if you would check out my blog and follow back if you like it!
    http://readyornot-newyear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, fun, fun & perfect for all this heat we are having! I am going to be lots of water and ice play next week! It's just too hot out and this will definitely be on my list of things to do! Thanks for sharing on the Sunday Showcase!

    Can't wait to see what else you have to share this week


    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete