Monday, July 11, 2011

Just DYE it


 So I was going through my closet the other day and trying to be honest about what clothes I really wear and what ones mock me because they don't fit anymore! I had a couple of shirts that I liked in there, but I have had them for awhile and felt like they had done their duty...but I really liked the ruffles on the collar of one of them!!!   Then it hit me, dye them. They will be like  new shirts and I will get to love the ruffles in a whole new color! So off to the store I went to hunt down the perfect shade. Once I got started I figured, why stop with a couple of shirts...so in went a pair of shoes I have been wanting to refashion anyway. I really like how they all turned out and the best part is that it cost less than $2...SCORE! Now..what else can I dye?! Have a happy day!
PS: There are several types of dyes. I used Tulip Permanent Fabric Dye, I also have one from RIT that I am going to use on another project. The color I used is plain old yellow, but it showed up very goldeny which I am glad. I kept mine on low simmer the entire first 15 min to ensure deep color.




Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

A Glimpse Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment